Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Wahoo Public Schools

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

Story image 1_0
540d065eedaa8

WHS PE students create video & write letters to support community's RTP grant application

Proposal seeks to construct trails in & around Wahoo

The City of Wahoo is in motion to submit a grant for the Recreational Trails Program, and with a little help from Wahoo Public students and citizens, this grant just might be secured!

The Recreational Trails Program is a grant fund project that would place various trails in and around the town of Wahoo. One of the major trails that would be funded by the grant would be the Lake Wanahoo Trail, which would run from Placek and Cook’s Park to Lake Wanahoo.

Wahoo High School PE students have been working hard to put together a movie project asking students and faculty of WPS why the trail would be beneficial to our community. The video has been submitted, along with the Grant, to help show our community support. The video is also posted below.

Students have also been a great help to this movement by writing their letters of support in PE class.

The Recreational Trails Program is an 80/20 grant, meaning that 80 percent of the cost is covered by the grant, and the other 20 percent will be covered by citizens of Wahoo, and the estimation of construction would be fall of 2015, or spring of 2016.

The Trails Project will be a meaningful addition to the Wahoo area, and we thank the citizens and students for all of the support!

WHS PE students create video & write letters to support community's RTP grant application

Terry Kopish

Sep 10, 2014

Well done! Great pics & info!