Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Wahoo Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


(image from the public domain)

WPS Free/Reduced Lunch Information

Congress ends USDA meal wavers for free school meals for 2022-2023

Free/Reduced Lunch:

LINK: 2022-2023 Free/Reduced Meals Family Application

When filling out the application for free/reduced lunch, please read the instructions and fill it out completely. The application cannot be processed if it is incomplete. 

The breakfast/lunch prices for 2022-2023 are as follows:
ELEMENTARY:    Breakfast - $2.10    Lunch - $3.05
MIDDLE SCHOOL:    Breakfast - $2.30    Lunch - $3.30
HIGH SCHOOL:    Breakfast - $2.30    Lunch - $3.30
REDUCED:    Breakfast - $.30    Lunch - $.40

Please make sure students have lunch money in their accounts. We will remind your child to bring lunch money when he/she reaches a lunch account balance of $5.00. If your child is on free/reduced lunch, he/she will not be able to purchase any extra food or drink items if there is no money in his/her account. Please be sure to have money in student accounts if they wish to purchase any extras.

The prices of our lunch are as follows:

    Main meal - $3.05 elem., $3.30 middle/high
    Meat sandwich - $1.00
    Peanut butter & jelly sandwich - $1.00
    Milk - $.45

If you have any questions pertaining to the lunch program, please contact Kathy Myers in the superintendent's office: 402-443-3051.



How To Apply: If you now get food stamps or AFDC for the children you are applying for, the application must have the children's names, a food stamp or AFDC case number for each child, and signature of an adult household member. If you are applying for a foster child, the application must have the child's name, the child's "personal use" income, and an adult signature. If you do not list a food stamp or AFDC case number for all the children you are applying for, then the application must have the children's names, the names of all household members, the amount of income each person got last month and where it came from, the signature of an adult household member and that adult's social security number or the word "none" if the adult does not have a social security number.

Verification: Your eligibility may be checked at any time during the school year. School officials may ask you to send papers showing that your children should get free or reduced meals.

Please remind your child that no liquids from the outside will be allowed in the school building. They may purchase a drink from the machines or the lunch line.

Fair Hearing: You may talk to school officials if you do not agree with the school's decision on your application or the results of verification. You may also ask for a fair hearing. You may do this by calling or writing.

Brandon Lavaley
2201 N. Locust
Wahoo, NE 68066
(402) 443-3051

Confidentiality: School officials use the information on the application only to decide if your children should get free or reduced price meals. 

Reapplication: You may apply for meal benefits anytime during the school year. If you are not eligible now but have a change, like a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, become unemployed or get food stamps or AFDC for your children, complete an application then.

Other Benefits: Families eligible for free and reduced price meals may also be eligible for other programs: 1. Child Care Subsidy, a program that assists parents with child care costs. For more information on child care subsidy, call 1-800-600-1289. 2. Kid's Connection; Nebraska Children's Health Insurance Program, a program that provides health insurance coverage for children up to age 19. For more information on health insurance, call toll free 1-877-632-5437.

We will let you know when your application is approved or denied.


The following explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly:

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

WPS Free/Reduced Lunch Information

No comments have been added yet. Please add yours!