Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Wahoo Public Schools

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

Story image 1_0
510d47c55ac54

FCCLA Hosts New "Canstruction" Competition at Elementary

Effort Combines Charity & Student Creativity

Between now and Tuesday, February 12, students at Wahoo Elementary School are encouraged to use their giving spirits, hard work, and a little ingenuity to compete in the first ever “Canstruction” contest.  

Story image 2_0
510d47c55ac54
The contest involves grade groups (K-1, 2-3, and 4-5) building a structure that consists of at least 75 percent canned food items. These canned foods can include cereal, canned vegetables, peanut butter, and other non-perishable items.  The remaining 25 percent of their structures can include paper, structural supports, and other items.

Specials teachers and staff at the elementary who are not directly associated with a single grade group will be judging the structures at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, February 8, and the winning group will get a root beer float party.

Story image 3_0
510d47c55ac54
 

When all is said and done, all of the canned food items will be donated to the local food pantry.

The WHS Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) organization is sponsoring this fundraising contest. FCCLA is a student-led organization that focuses on the family, leadership development, career preparation, and service.  

FCCLA is an organization that involves over 202,000 youth in over 6,500 chapters throughout the United States. If you have any questions about “Canstruction” or other FCCLA activities, please feel free to contact Mrs. Allison Kreifels at akreifels@esu2.org or (402) 516-6850.

Related Sites

Note: Pages will open in a new browser window. External pages are not endorsed by Wahoo Public Schools.

FCCLA Hosts New "Canstruction" Competition at Elementary

No comments have been added yet. Please add yours!