Kids Connection - Reaching for a Healthy Future
Health Care Coverage for Nebraska Children
Does your child need health coverage?
Call Kids Connection toll free 1-877-632-5437, or go to http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/med/kidsconx.htm.
Kids Connection - Reaching for a healthy future. Kids Connection is health care coverage for Nebraska children.
What is Kids Connection?
Kids Connection is health care coverage for qualified children who are without other health insurance and who do not qualify for Medicaid. Federally called the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), it provides the same services covered under Medicaid.
What does Kids Connection cover?
Kids Connection provides well care for your child in helping prevent diseases, finding and treating problems early, and maintaining good health and development.
Regular check-ups include:
• baby check-ups and baby immunizations
• yearly check-ups for school-age children
• immunization for school-age children
• vision and hearing testing
• dental check-ups and dental sealants
Kids Connection also provides medical care for injuries and illnesses.
• doctor's visits
• lab tests/x-rays
• dental treatments
• hospital care
• specialty services for children with disabilities or chronic health conditions
• mental health and substance abuse assessment and treatment services