WPS posts 2020-2021 Perceptual Survey Results
District utilizes survey as tool in continuous improvement process
The Wahoo Public Schools believes in a process of continuous improvement to ensure the positive growth of our school system while focusing on the identified needs of our students, in collaboration with the greater school community.
As part of our continuous school improvement practices and to meet accreditation requirements (Rule 10), Wahoo Public Schools conducts Parent/Family, Student and Staff Surveys which seek input on various school-related topics. The information collected is used to help guide the school district in keeping abreast of important topics and feelings related to our school community. The information is also an essential part of our Continuous Improvement (CIP) and Nebraska Framework accreditation processes. We are in Year 5 of this process and will host an external review team this spring (February 2021).
While we have many things to celebrate, we will remain focused on engaging all families, students and staff in the process of continuous improvement. Thank you for your commitment to the process and for sharing your children with us each and every day!
2020-21 Perceptual Survey Results (Summary)
Nebraska Framework Standards
1. Vision and Purpose – The school district maintains and communicates a purpose and direction that commit to high expectations for learning as well as shared values and beliefs about teaching and learning.
2. Governance and Leadership – The school district operates under governance and leadership that promote and support student performance and school effectiveness.
3. Teaching and Learning – The school district’s curriculum, instructional design, and assessment practices guide and ensure teacher effectiveness and student learning.
4. Documenting and Using Results – The school district implements a comprehensive assessment system that generates a range of data about student learning and school effectiveness and uses the results to guide continuous improvement.
5. Resource and Support Systems – The school district allocates human, material and fiscal resources to implement a curriculum that enables students to achieve established expectations.
6. Stakeholder Communications and Relationships - The school district personnel seek opportunities for collaboration and shared leadership among stakeholders to help students learn and advance improvement efforts.
7. Commitment to Continuous Improvement - The school district implements a collaborative and ongoing process for improvement that aligns most functions of the school district with the expectations for student learning.