Numerous Bishop Neumann/WHS Chapter Members qualify for 2019 State Convention!
FFA Motto: Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve
FFA Mission: The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education.
What is FFA? FFA is an organization that promotes growth in leadership skills, as well as agricultural education. Wahoo and Bishop Neumann have been co-oping since 2017. Students from Wahoo travel to Bishop Neumann either 1st or 8th period to take various ag classes from Ms. Katie Arp, our FFA advisor and agriculture educator.
President: Jamie Chvatal
Vice President: Emma Thrasher
Secretary: Hannah Kabourek
Treasurer: Devon Benes
Reporter: Tommy Benes
Sentinel: Jacob Pretrizilka
Chaplain: Cole Woita
• BLUE RIBBON: Senior Parlimentary Procedure (Devon Benes, Jamie Chvatal, Miles Hannan, Bryn Hannan, Emma Thrasher, Lauren Kavan, Hannah Kabourek, Emma Kavan)
• 3RD PLACE: Jr Public Speaking, Marissa Meduna
• 2ND PLACE and STATE-BOUND: Employment Skills, Emily Pokorny
• 1ST PLACE and STATE-BOUND: Agriculture Demonstration: Dicamba Application (Tommy Benes, Noah Briley, Garritt Kavan, Jacob Pretrizilka)
• 2ND PLACE and STATE BOUND: Ag Sales (Emma Thrasher, Bryn Hannan, Collin Morrissey, Tommy Benes)
• 1ST PLACE and STATE BOUND: Individual in Ag Sales, Emma Thrasher
• 3RD PLACE and STATE BOUND: Ag Mechanics (Tanner Woita, Jacob Pretrizilka, John Klement, Joe Scanlon)
• Non-qualifying but still STATE BOUND: Farm and Business management (Emily Pokorny, Jamie Chvatal, Collin Morrissey, Noah Briley)
State-Bound! Congratulations the the BNHS/WHS FFA Chapter Members (from left) Tanner Woita, Jacob Petrzilka, John Klement, and Joe Scanlon on placing 3rd as a team in the CEO Ag Mechanics competition!
Qualifiers now advance to the State FFA convention, scheduled for April 3-5 at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln. Good luck to all of the BNHS/WHS Chapter State-Qualifiers!