2013 Freshman Orientation Set for August 12
Elementary/Middle School Open Houses Scheduled for August 13
Wahoo Elementary will host a Back-to-School Open House on Tuesday, August 13, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Students are welcome to bring their classroom supplies.
Wahoo Middle School will host a Back-to-School Open House on Tuesday, August 13, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Following the open house at 7:00 p.m. any 7th or 8th grader who missed the iPad deployment meeting should meet in the Performance-Learning Center to receive information about the iPad checkout and to fill out the paperwork needed to receive a device.
Being an incoming freshman can be a stressful experience. Fortunately, WHS offers freshmen and their parents a chance to familiarize themselves with their schedules and teachers, and get all of their questions answered before the first day of school.
The 2013 WHS Freshman and Family Orientation will be Monday, August 12 from 5:15-8:30 p.m. The activities will include iPad checkout, health screenings, school photos and a mini-day school schedule.
5:15 to 6:55 p.m. Pick-Up Your Folder/Schedule at the Front Table and Rotate to:
• Meal Service (Mo’s soft shell tacos with all the trimmings) in the cafeteria from 5:15 to 5:55 p.m. (Donations Accepted)
• Mr. Libal, Wahoo HS Principal, Welcome in Cafeteria 5:50 p.m.
• Health Screenings in the Library: Audio & Vision Testing, Height/Weight
• 8th Grade Middle School Survey in Library.
• Student School Photos in Pod Commons. Bring school photo packet & payment for photos, dress appropriately.
• Extra-curricular Club Activity Options in Pod Commons
• Locker check and set-up.
• “High School Culture 101” for PARENTS ONLY in the Performing Arts Center at 5:50 – 6:55 p.m.
7:00 p.m. iPAD Info in Performing Arts Center for All Parents & Freshmen
7:45 p.m. Mini School Day Begins
• Parents and Students go to scheduled classrooms
• Health Screenings for those in “Study Hall” who haven’t been yet
• On-going Student Photos for those in “Study Hall”
8:30 p.m. (approximately) Return to Commons
• Student Council’s “What Not To Wear In High School” Fashion Show
• Drawings for Family Packets & other goodies. One Prize per Family. Must be present to win.
Aug 09, 2012
|I am new to your school system and community and am very impressed at how welcoming and involved the staff and parents have made my family feel. This is a wonderful orientation idea and am really looking forward to attending to get to know the school system and community better. Thank you!|