Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Wahoo Public Schools

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

29th Annual Great American Smokeout Held November 17

Assistance Available to Help You Quit!

If you smoke, the American Cancer Society can help you quit. And people who plan a quit attempt in advance double their odds of succeeding. Why not give up cigarettes for the day - and maybe forever - on Thursday, November 17, during the 29th annual Great American Smokeout? AND send your friends an e-card to let them know you need their support in your quitting efforts: log on to www.cancer.org.

Please call 1-800-ACS-2345 for help in finding a free Quitline.

Secondhand smoke is ranked by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency as one of the most dangerous substances known to cause cancer. Smokers inhale about 15 percent of the smoke from a cigarette. The other 85 percent goes into the air. The following web sites are sources of excellent information: www.lungusa.org and www.epa.gov/iaq/asthma/shs.html.

 

29th Annual Great American Smokeout Held November 17

No comments have been added yet. Please add yours!